Restorative & Cosmetic Dentistry
Progressive Periodontics and Implant Dentistry provides restorative and cosmetic dentistry services in Howell and Eatontown, New Jersey. Contact us today to learn more and schedule your appointment.
What is Restorative and Cosmetic Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry refers to procedures that restore your dental health. Cosmetic dentistry refers to procedures that improve the appearance or aesthetics of your teeth. Some restorative procedures offer aesthetic benefits and some cosmetic procedures offer dental health benefits. When they are used together, patients get a more functional and better looking smile.
Services We Offer
We provide the following restorative and cosmetic services:
- Crown Lengthening. Crown lengthening is often needed in preparation for restorative dentistry treatments. If there is not enough tooth structure for the crown or filling to be placed, this treatment resolves the problem to allow a long lasting, healthy result. It can also be used as a cosmetic treatment to correct a “gummy smile,” or a smile in which the teeth appear short and the gums are more visible than they should be. Sometimes this is genetic, but other times it can be the result of orthodontic therapy, which can cause gum overgrowth. This treatment can also be used if there’s asymmetry in the gums. Click here to learn more
- Gum Recession Treatment. When gums recede around teeth and implants, it can make the teeth appear long and the exposed roots can be sensitive. Dr. Gordon offers the innovative Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique to treat gum recession, as well as the more traditional gum grafting procedure. Dr. Gordon has treated hundreds of patients for these types of issues with significant esthetic improvement. These treatments can be life-changing, boosting patients’ self-esteem and giving them the ability to smile confidently. Click here to learn more
- Dental Implants. Dental implants can be the best solution for simulating the look, feel, and function of natural teeth. They also help maintain your bone structure, provide the ability to chew healthy food, and give patients the confidence to smile proudly. With dental implants, existing teeth are protected as well by providing additional support and preventing tooth shifting. Click here to learn more
- Ridge Preservation. With ridge preservation, a bone-fill material is placed into empty tooth sockets to help maintain or rebuild the bone. This is useful for both cosmetics and as needed, implant therapy. Click here to learn more
- Bone Regeneration. This procedure is used to regenerate lost bone around existing teeth, or in an area where teeth have been extracted. Click here to learn more
Are You a Good Candidate for Restorative or Cosmetic Dentistry?
If you’re dissatisfied with your smile or if you need replacements for missing or damaged teeth, you may be a good candidate for restorative and/or cosmetic dentistry. Progressive Periodontics & Implant Dentistry offers several restorative and cosmetic treatments for patients who are unhappy with the appearance of their gums and teeth. By making simple changes to the gumline and replacing teeth, patients can appear more youthful and feel more confident in their smiles.
Why Choose Progressive Periodontics and Implant Dentistry?
As a periodontist and implant specialist, Dr. Gordon regularly works with patients to resolve esthetic and functional concerns around teeth and implants. Just like a theater stage, the gums frame the view. If there is asymmetry in the gums, the teeth may not look their best. Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you and we want to help you feel confident to make a good first impression on the people you meet. Tell us your goals for your smile and your dental health, and we will do everything we can to help you achieve them.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does periodontal cosmetic dentistry differ from general cosmetic dentistry?
As a periodontal practice, we focus on the support structures for the teeth, which includes the gums and jaw bone. We provide cosmetic procedures specific to the gums, such as crown lengthening and procedures specific to the jaw, such as bone regeneration and implant therapy. For basic cosmetic services like teeth whitening, your general dentist would be able to help.
Are restorative and cosmetic dental procedures covered by insurance?
Dental insurance will typically only cover dental procedures that are necessary to restore or maintain oral health. If the purpose is cosmetic in order to improve the appearance of your teeth, insurance may not cover it. Contact your insurance provider for specific information regarding the details of your plan.
How do bone regeneration and ridge preservation improve your appearance?
When teeth are missing the jaw bone will weaken and eventually dissolve, causing you to lose the natural shape of your jaw line. It can also make it difficult to get dental implants to replace missing teeth. Ridge preservation procedures resist bone loss in the jaw and bone regeneration can reverse it, improving your bone structure and making dental implant restorations possible.
Are dental implants covered by insurance?
Many insurance carriers do cover dental implants but each plan is different. You should check with your insurance carrier to determine potential coverage for this treatment. Financing can make the out of pocket cost of dental implants more affordable.
To learn more, contact us today to schedule an appointment.