Safety Protocols – Your Safety Comes First
This is an open letter to my dear valued patients, families and future patients.
After consultation with leading experts in multiple fields, I have made several critical changes in the office to ensure the health of you as a patient, my staff, and myself.
- In the past, we have followed a strict protocol of sterilization: autoclaving all instruments, disinfecting all surfaces, and wearing appropriate protective clothing.
- With the advent of the Covid Virus, the potential for airborne droplet viral infections is now a reality. We have taken added sophisticated measures to decontaminate/ sanitize the entire office and the air that is present during treatment. We have installed hospital grade sterilization systems which will directly address all air borne and surface viruses and bacteria from the treatment rooms and common areas.
- The office now has HEPA 13 Filtering systems capable of removing up to 99.97% of all virus/ bacteria and changing the air every 15 to 30 minutes for each room in the office. A Hydrolyzed water solution widely used in hospitals is also being employed on surfaces and atomized in the air. This CDC accepted solution is virtually non-toxic with no effect on skin, eyes, or lungs. In fact, it is widely used in the food industry to directly sanitize food. It is also naturally produced in the body as part of our immune system. The concentrated solution is shown to be very effective on these types of viruses.
- My staff and I will be wearing masks and barrier resistant gowns while we are in the office. We will be spraying/ wiping down all contacting surfaces every 30 minutes and after each procedure to ensure that we maintain a high level of sterility and disinfection. This sanitation process will also be performed in the reception area.
- All patients will be pre-screened for Covid risk. My office will be sending you an online patient package which you will fill out online or in the office to again minimize paperwork. We are minimizing the waiting room occupancy to allow “social distancing”. When you arrive at the office, call us from the parking lot, and remain in your car until we call you to come in. When you enter the office, your temperature will be taken and screening questions will be reviewed to again reduce risk. You will also be asked to use a provided hand sanitizer.
- When treatment is complete, you will be guided to the front desk where sneeze guards are in place. We will further reduce direct contact by using credit card payment and an online payment system through our patient Chase Instamed finance portal.
I feel confident for Patients, Staff, Myself and all of our Families that these extraordinary precautions that meet or exceed CDC and NJ State requirements allay concerns over exposure to the Covid 19 virus in our dental office.
This is one example of our level of quality provided in our office. Please visit our Website for more information regarding the above and the compassionate, expert care we provide in periodontal and implant dentistry.
We wish you and your family continued health,
Dr. Marc Gordon and Staff
Request an Appointment